Food for Thought mobile food pantry shows off hunger for charity on campus – bgfalconmedia.com
Fall semester is already halfway over, and for many students it means less money to buy necessities. Food for Thought (FFT) brings its mobile food pantry directly to those in need rather than letting students scrape by on unhealthy, inexpensive food.
On Oct. 12, FFT visited the University in the Jerome Library parking lot, but those looking to volunteer or receive food service still have other opportunities.
How FFT Helps
Mobile food pantries
- FFT has a mobile food pantry visit multiple locations in the Toledo area. They provide fresh produce and items that can be stored for long periods.
- The 17-foot trailer is handicapped-accessible and was specially made to store the 13 categories of food provided through FFT.
- Feedtoledo.org lists locations the mobile food pantry will visit.
PB&J Lunch Outreach
- Volunteers provide bagged lunches in downtown Toledo every weekend.
Personalized Food Boxes
- People with special dietary needs can contact FFT and get food tailored to their nutritional needs.
How you can Help
- In 2016, FFT had over 800 volunteers, but more are always welcome. Visit feedtoledo.org to learn more about volunteering.
- Donate $10 or more once, or schedule a specified donation. You can donate…
- 2 months
- 6 months
- Donations can provide varying amounts of assistance for those in need.
- $25 can feed 10 families
- $50 covers PB&J lunches for one week
- $75 covers fuel costs for one month
- $100 provides fresh produce at a mobile pantry
- $250 supports the entire mobile pantry for a month
How to get Help
- Students can get food assistance from several food pantries in Bowling Green, but it is recommended to call food pantries for more information.
- BG Christian Food Pantry – (419) 353-5174
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Thursday 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Eligibility: Before visiting the food pantry, you will need a referral a social service agency, The Link, any church you’re affiliated with or The Salvation Army.
- First United Methodist Church Food Pantry – (419) 353-0682
- 1st Friday of the month 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Eligibility: Annual income less than $22,000. Proof of income and photo ID
- St. Aloysius Church Food Pantry – (419) 352-4195
- Monday – Friday 10:00am – 12 noon and 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- St. Thomas More University St. Thomas More University Parish St. Vincent De Paul Food Pantry – (419) 352-7555
- The pantry is open from 8:30 a.m. to noon and 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- United Christian Fellowship – The Common Good – (419) 806-4475
- Hours: Mondays – Friday 9am – 9pm.
- Free Bread program. Bagels, pastries and loaves of bread.